Thursday, April 1, 2010

After rereading this, I realized I sounded like I've already graduated! but freshman-we've got a ways to go=]

My first year at Stevenson has been interesting. There were some good parts and there were some not so great parts. I met new people, playing on sports teams, finally going to a public school. Surprisingly, I loved the beginning of my freshman year. There were many bad parts like drama, tests, homework, finals, and not really knowing my place in Stevenson. I made many new friends through cheer, volleyball, and softball. I’ve also made a few enemies but in the end, I became close with them. I can’t believe what going through such a big change can do to you. Everyone I used to go to St. Michael with grew up, became mature, and are totally new people. I learned about the high school world the hard way; I made mistakes myself and usually got caught, yelled at, or disliked for them. Sometimes, I wouldn’t even do anything and one of those three things would happen to me. The thing that amazes me the most is that I felt like it was just yesterday that I was walking trough the front doors of Stevenson for freshman orientation night. Now I am about to walk out of those doors, sadly and depressingly, as an upcoming sophomore. I know I sound like one of those 30 year old people who say “where does the time go,” or “It was just yesterday I was in those same halls.” In the blink of an eye it’s all gone. I know that I am going to go through every year of high school with regrets and mistakes, but I know that I will also go though them with memories that are unforgettable and amazing. Things like my first and last homecoming, all the football games, the freshman dance, prom. Most things are still left to come while others are long gone. I know that these are the greatest, most amazing years of my life and I have to enjoy them no matter what. I love Stevenson High school and all the memories that were made going through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment